THE JEENYUS CORNER
(DailyCaller.com) – Kentucky Republican Sen. Rand Paul is hinting that he may run for president in 2016.
“Am I interested in thinking about that? Yes,” Paul, the son of retiring Texas congressman and three-time presidential candidate Ron Paul, said when asked by ABC’s Jonathan Karl if he might explore his own presidential bid in four years.
Paul added that he wants “to be part of the national debate,” but said he is not ready to make the final decision to run.
“I am different than some in that I am not going to deny that I am interested,” Paul said. “I’m not going to deny that I think we have to go a different direction because we’re just not winning.”
The Kentucky senator added that the Republican Party should do more to expand its appeal, particularly among Hispanics. Paul said he supports an eventual pathway to citizenship for illegal immigrants so long as the nation’s southern boarder is secured.
He also said he supports loosening the restrictions on marijuana usage.
- Doug Wead- Rand Paul for President: 2016 | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Rand Paul says he’s eyeing 2016 run (politico.com)
- Rand Paul: Yep, I’m ‘Interested’ in 2016 (newser.com)
- Ron Paul revolution continues in Congress | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Ron Paul Republicans win House races | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Rand Paul talks possible presidential bid (wnd.com)
- Hands Off the Electoral College by Ron Paul | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- The Ron Paul Effect: How the GOP Threw the Election By Disenfranchising Ron Paul Supporters | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Rand Paul stands alone against Senate’s ‘preemptive war’ resolution for Iran | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Rand Paul Goes Nuclear Over Benghazi – Sen. Rand Paul | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)