THE JEENYUS CORNER
By Nate C. Hindman
(HuffingtonPost) – Active Aero, the small Michigan-based company behind Mitt Romney’s campaign plane, has some cleaning up to.
Soon after Romney de-boarded the McDonnell Douglas MD-83 for the last time Tuesday evening, the firm began the job of removing alterations he had made to the aircraft, Bloomberg BusinessWeek reports.
That means removing the red fabric on one of the seat’s headrests embroidered with “The Gov.” Workers will rip off the “Believe In America” insignias stenciled on each side of the plane and give its exterior a fresh paint-job. They’ll even reconfigure the seats, where Romney, his top brass, and a host of other characters rode out flights along the campaign trail.
Alterations to presidential campaign planes, and their eventual removal, are nothing new. In 2008, Obama had a Boeing 757 retrofitted with plush seating and replaced the American flag on the plane’s tail fin with an Obama logo, which created an uproar among some critics.
The first step to restoring Romney’s plane is a “thorough cleaning,” an Active Aero spokeswoman told BusinessWeek. Though flight attendants described the former Massachusetts Governor as “low maintenance,” according to the spokeswoman, there’s likely some crumbs to clear out: “Romney has been spotted late at night with a flashlight,” the LA Times reports, “rummaging through one overhead compartment that holds favorite snacks such as pretzels, crisps, pita chips and, at one time, beef jerky (a gift from the actual Jack Link), which he passed out to reporters during one of his last visits to the back of the plane in late September.”
- Romney’s last, greatest ‘turnaround’ falls short | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Karl Rove vs. Fox News | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Doug Wead: How Mitt Romney cheated his way to the GOP nomination | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Ron Paul foresees 2012 outcome: Status Quo Will Win | JCTV | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Think There’s a Difference? Taxes go up in 2013 for 163 million workers no matter who wins election | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Republican Electors Threaten to Vote for Ron Paul Instead of Romney | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Debbie McCord-Skousen: Romney Family Ties To Communist Former Soviets | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- We Are Change: Honest Opinions of Obama Supporters on his Policies | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- EXCLUSIVE: Interview With Brian “B-Ryan” Doyle: Pro-Liberty Democrat Challenging Rep. Jeff Duncan | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Ross Perot Endorses Mitt Romney For President | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)