THE JEENYUS CORNER
By Tad Cronn
(GodfatherPolitics.com) – Is it payback or just shame? General Carter Ham, the combatant commander of Africa Command and a key figure in the Benghazi scandal, is retiring from the Army years short of the mandatory retirement age, according to the Washington Times.
Ham’s name came up in relation to Benghazi last week when Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta was trying to explain why no military backup was sent into the battle at the U.S. mission despite repeated requests from those under siege:
“(The) basic principle is that you don’t deploy forces into harm’s way without knowing what’s going on; without having some real-time information about what’s taking place. And as a result of not having that kind of information, the commander who was on the ground in that area, Gen. Ham, Gen. Dempsey and I felt very strongly that we could not put forces at risk in that situation.”
This despite having a live video feed of the events in Benghazi in the situation room, where information from other sources has placed President Obama as well.
With Panetta trying to implicate him, Ham must have had a target on his back since the September 11 attacks. Panetta had announced on October 18 that Ham would be replaced as head of AFRICOM. On Monday, an Army spokesperson insisted the decision to retire was made by Ham and was not fallout from Benghazi.
- General in Benghazi Scandal Suddenly Retires (godfatherpolitics.com)
- US had drones flying over Benghazi as the consulate was being attacked | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- “Stand Down”: SEISMIC REVELATION ABOUT BENGHAZI TERRORIST ATTACK GOES LARGELY UNREPORTED | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Rand Paul Goes Nuclear Over Benghazi – Sen. Rand Paul | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- How Could The US Embassy In BENGHAZI Be Attacked When It’s Not Even Listed? Explain This! | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- McCain: Obama Might Be Conducting ‘Massive Cover-Up’ With Libya Attack | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Former Pacific Fleet chief: We need full disclosure on Benghazi – now (hotair.com)
- Libya Warned US Three Days Before Consulate Attack | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Here we go again- US deploys troops to Turkey amid Syria unrest: US General | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Obama fires general for wanting to help Americans being attacked in Benghazi (fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com)