THE JEENYUS CORNER
By Stephen Lendman
On October 20, masked Israeli commandos lawlessly interdicted Ship to Gaza Estelle in international waters.
It was over 30 nautical miles from Gaza’s coast when intercepted.
Netanyahu praised their criminality. He accused on board activists of trying to “delegitimize Israel.”He also claimed “there is no humanitarian crisis in Gaza.”
He’s a world class thug. He exceeds the worst of Ariel Sharon and previous hardline leaders. He’s an embarrassment to democratic governance.
He deplores peace and international law inviolability.
Gaza’s blockade is illegal. Collective punishment is prohibited. Fourth Geneva’s Article 33 states:
“No protected person may be punished for an offence he or she has not personally committed. Collective penalties and likewise all measures of intimidation or of terrorism are prohibited.”
June 14 marked the blockade’s fifth anniversary. Around 1.7 million people face slow-motion genocide. Over half of them are children. Gazans are isolated.
Free movement is denied. Imports and exports of goods are restricted. Essential food, fuel, medical supplies and construction materials are affected.
Virtually all essentials are in short supply. Redeveloping Gaza is prevented. Unemployment and poverty are severe. Without aid, survival is at issue. With it, humanitarian crisis conditions exist.
Estelle’s cargo was humanitarian. It’s mission was to breach Israel’s illegal blockade. It succeeded in attracting world attention. Rogue state Israel again made headlines. Scoundrel media coverage was scant. Reports downplayed and/or misreported what happened.
- Israeli Commandos Electro-Torture Ship to Gaza Activists (sgtreport.com)
- Nordic protest after Ship to Gaza seizure (sverigesradio.se)
- Israeli Navy used tasers and beat passengers aboard the Ship to Gaza (mondoweiss.net)
- Activist ship to reach Gaza ‘on Saturday’ (news.smh.com.au)
- As Ship Approaches Gaza Shore, Israel To Attack Estelle Ship (imemc.org)
- Israeli Navy Boards Activist Ship En Route To Gaza (eurasiareview.com)
- Swedish ship trying to break Gaza blockade intercepted by Israel’s Navy (jta.org)
- Israeli Commandos Electro-Shock Ship to Gaza Activists (sjlendman.blogspot.com)
- #Estelle Ship to Gaza | Gaza-bound ship ‘attacked by Israel forces’ (occupiedpalestine.wordpress.com)