THE JEENYUS CORNER
By Josh Peterson
Independent Sen. Joe Lieberman’s cybersecurity bill failed to gain majority support in the Senate in August, but now he is pushing for President Obama to issue an executive order to compensate.
Lieberman was the lead co-sponsor of the failed Cybersecurity Act of 2012, a controversial bill that sought to give the federal government regulatory control over the cybersecurity standards of water, power and utility companies.
Republicans, who offered their own preferred cybersecurity bills, battled the Democrats on the issue all the way to the August congressional recess.
In a letter to President Barack Obama Monday, Lieberman urged the administration to use the president’s “executive authority to the maximum extent possible to defend the nation from cyber attack.” (RELATED: White House nears completion of cybersecurity executive order)
DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano testified in a congressional hearing last week, stating that the order is “close to completion.”
- With The Stroke Of A Pen, Obama’s Executive Order 13547 Gives UN Control Our Water | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Obama Strives to Hide Military Layoffs – Until After Election! | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Democratic senators offer gun control amendment for cybersecurity bill | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- DHS to start testing drones over US for ‘public safety’ | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Obama to Issue Disastrous “Cybersecurity” Executive Order (libertycrier.com)
- NAPOLITANO: Election 2012: A failure and a disappointment | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- White House Consults Congress and Private Sector on Cybersecurity Executive Order (news.softpedia.com)
- Snoop Dog On Romney “He’s a mormon but he ain’t got no hoes” | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Congress Rubber Stamps Obama’s Secret CyberSecurity Plan | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Lieberman Calls For Cybersecurity Executive Order (techdailydose.nationaljournal.com)