THE JEENYUS CORNER
Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney used an interesting phrase on Monday in response to a question about his stance on marijuana policy.
In an interview with the Denver Post, Romney was asked to weigh in on the future of the state’s highly active medical marijuana industry.
“I oppose marijuana being used for recreational purposes and I believe the federal law should prohibit the recreational use of marijuana,” he said.
As the Washington Post points out, his decision to use the “recreational” distinction is strange, especially in the context of a question about a state that has legalized marijuana for non-recreational use. Be that as it may, the Romney campaign later reiterated its steadfast support for continued prohibition on the substance in a statement to the Post.
“Governor Romney has a long record of opposing the use of marijuana for any reason,” a spokesperson said. “He opposes legalizing drugs, including marijuana for medicinal purposes. He will fully enforce the nation’s drug laws, and he will oppose any attempts at legalization.”
- Mitt Romney: Marijuana ‘For Recreational Use’ Is Bad, But I Also Oppose It For All Purposes (huffingtonpost.com)
- Exposing Romney w/ Debbie McCord Skousen on Jeenyus Corner LIVE! | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- No, Mitt Romney will not legalize pot (washingtonpost.com)
- Mitt Romney Master of Deception and Spins | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Who is Robert Gay, and why Romney shouldn’t boast | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Romney Claims to Oppose Fed’s Latest QE | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Romney Lawyer Admits They Manipulated Taxes to Conform to 13% Claim | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Mitt Romney Has Lowest Favorability Rating Of Any Nominee In History | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- The Federal Bailout That Saved Mitt Romney | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Romney the Businessman? | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)