THE JEENYUS CORNER
Barack Obama and the far-left extremists who support his reelection can usually be counted on to take dead aim at reducing military budgets and personnel in order to assure continued funding for important liberal causes like Planned Parenthood and the Sandra Fluke Fund for Contraception and Infanticide, as mandated by ObamaCare.
However, given that Barack Obama’s current term is up for renewal, or hopefully, revocation, on November 6, the administration is treading more prudently when wielding the budget ax against those who defend and protect more than 300 million Americans.
As reported at the reference, that means the Obama crew has taken the highly irregular step of trying to delay the notices that, by law, defense contractors are required to issue to workers:
The Obama administration issued new guidance intended for defense contractors Friday afternoon, reiterating the administration’s position that the companies should not be issuing layoff notices over sequestration.
The Labor Department issued guidance in July saying it would be “inappropriate” for contractors to issue notices of potential layoffs tied to sequestration cuts. But a few contractors, most notably Lockheed Martin, said they still were considering whether to issue the notices — which would be sent out just days before the November election.
- Defense contractors told: Don’t issue layoff notices (wnd.com)
- Obama Administration to Defense Contractors: No Layoff Notices Until After Election, Please (townhall.com)
- WH begs defense contractors not to issue layoff notices… (thehill.com)
- Administration Seeks to Buy-Off Defense Contractors on Sequestration Layoffs (pjmedia.com)
- Talking About Buying Votes With Taxpayer Dollars! (thebusypost.wordpress.com)
- Obama Sinks to Yet Another “New” Low to Win Election (shepherdspiehole.typepad.com)
- WH begs Milplex contractors not to issue layoff notices (blacklistednews.com)
- Obama administration tells contractors again: Don’t issue layoff notices (riehlworldview.com)
- Administration to pay legal fees for contractors that don’t issue sequestration warnings (foxnews.com)
- Buying voters Obama style (americanthinker.com)