An anti-Islam film that sparked violent protests in many countries had ”nothing to do with” a deadly attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi earlier this month, Libya’s president told NBC News.
In an exclusive interview with NBC News’ Ann Curry, President Mohamed Magarief discounted claims that the attack was in response to a movie produced in California and available on YouTube. He noted that the assault happened on Sept. 11 and that the video had been available for months before that.
“Reaction should have been, if it was genuine, should have been six months earlier. So it was postponed until the 11th of September,” he said. “They chose this date, 11th of September to carry a certain message.”
- Libya Warned US Three Days Before Consulate Attack | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Libyan President Says Anti-Islam Film Had Nothing To Do With Deadly Attack On U.S. Consulate…”Those People Don’t Represent Libya” (bossip.com)
- October surprise to “Carterize” Obama | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Libyan president to NBC: Anti-Islam film had ‘nothing to do with’ US Consulate attack (tarpon.wordpress.com)
- Libyan president: Anti-Islam film had nothing to do with terrorist attack (riehlworldview.com)
- Libyan president to NBC: Anti-Islam film had ‘nothing to do with’ US Consulate attack (worldnews.nbcnews.com)
- Libyan President: Movie Did Not Cause Attack (sweetness-light.com)
- Libyan president tells NBC: ‘Foreigners’ involved in US Consulate attack (worldnews.nbcnews.com)
- Libyan President Says Anti-Islam Video Had Nothing to Do With Consulate Attack (redalertpolitics.com)
- Morning “Butt-Chugging” Discussion With ‘Foxy Cody’: The quality journalism never ceases to amazes me | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)