TEHRAN, Iran — A senior Iranian commander says the country’s newly-produced missile-carrying drone has a range of 2,000 kilometers (1,250 miles), which puts much of the Middle East within operating distance of Iranian territory.
The Monday report by the semiofficial Fars agency quoted Gen. Amir Ali Hajizadeh, who is aerospace chief of the powerful Revolutionary Guards.
His description of the aircraft, which Iran first announced last week, is like that of the American RQ-170 Sentinel, one of which went down in Iranian territory last year. Iran said it was building a copy of the RQ-170 in April.
The Islamic Republic’s defense industry frequently announces technological breakthroughs that are impossible to verify independently.
Gen. Hajizadeh said the drone has civilian and military uses.
- Iran says new drone can cover much of region (sfgate.com)
- Iran says new drone can cover much of region (kfwbam.com)
- Iran says new drone can cover much of region (seattletimes.com)
- Iran Says New Drone Can Cover Much of Region (abcnews.go.com)
- Ahmadinejad travels to United Nations for last address as President of Iran | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- World War 3: The Elite’s Final War To Usher In New World Order | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Rand Paul stands alone against Senate’s ‘preemptive war’ resolution for Iran | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Tehran says new drone can reach most Mideast destinations (timesofisrael.com)
- Death Of US Ambassador To Be Used As War Propaganda As Elections Near | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Iran threatens attacks on US bases in event of war (warsclerotic.wordpress.com)