THE JEENYUS CORNER
China will not tolerate any violations of its sovereignty, Vice Foreign Minister Zhang Zhijun told his Japanese counterpart on Tuesday as the two met in a bid to ease tensions over a territorial dispute.
“China will never tolerate any unilateral actions by Japan that harm Chinese territorial sovereignty,” Zhang told Japanese Vice Foreign Minister Chikao Kawai in Beijing, according to a statement posted on the Chinese Foreign Ministry’s website.
“Japan must banish illusions, undertake searching reflection and use concrete actions to amend its errors, returning to the consensus and understandings reached between our two countries’ leaders,” Zhang said.
Zhang called the Japanese government’s purchase of the islands “a grave trampling on historical facts and international jurisprudence”.
Sino-Japanese relations deteriorated sharply this month after Japan bought a group of uninhabited East China Sea islands, called Senkaku in Japan and Diaoyu in China, from their private owner, sparking anti-Japanese protests across China.
- Japan uses water cannons against Taiwanese flotilla | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- China tells Japan it will not tolerate violations of sovereignty – Reuters (reuters.com)
- China says not to tolerate violations of sovereignty (worldbulletin.net)
- China tells Japan it will not tolerate violations of sovereignty (itv.com)
- UPDATE7: Japan, China to hold vice ministerial talks amid tension over islets (english.kyodonews.jp)
- Chinese ships enter disputed waters (thehimalayantimes.com)
- Obama should call China currency manipulator October 15 – Romney aide | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- New NASA research points to possible HAARP connection in Japan earthquake, tsunami | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- China surveillance ships enter waters near disputed islands (news.yahoo.com)
- Japan accuses China of encroaching in its waters after three ships closed-in on disputed islands (dailymail.co.uk)