Senator Tom Davis
For the past few months I have been speaking to citizen groups throughout the state about why it is vital, in the 2013 legislative session, to make South Carolina the freest state in the nation — in particular, for state government to pay down its debt, fund its long-term liabilities, cut spending, curb entitlements, reform a tax code that discourages entrepreneurs and capital investment, and operate in a way that is more transparent and accountable to the people.
And when I speak to these groups, I do so with a sense of urgency, for I have lost faith in the ability of elected officials in Washington, D.C. — on both sides of the political aisle — to get our nation’s fiscal house in order. Yes, I hope Americans decide to make President Barack Obama a one-term president. A continuation and expansion of Obama’s agenda would result in even more erosions to individual liberty and further destruction of our free-market economy.
But I also believe the culture of corruption in our nation’s capital is so ingrained that, regardless of who occupies the White House next January, the 50 sovereign states will eventually be required to do much more for their citizens with much less assistance from the federal government. States that take the right steps and become as competitive as possible now will be the places where people want to raise families and start businesses, and I want South Carolina to be one of those places.
- Sen. Lindsay Graham- Fire This Treasonous Clown In 2014! | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Obama wins right to indefinitely detain Americans under NDAA | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- SC State Sen. Tom Davis Urges Sen. DeMint and Sen. Graham | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Former U.S. Sen. Bob Graham: Reopen inquiry into 9/11 attacks | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- US court calls CIA emperor without clothes | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Federal Reserve accused of setting U.S. up for ‘crash’ | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Orrin Hatch: Sebelius’ pro-Obama speech an ‘egregious violation’ of federal law | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Obama Mutilate American Flag: It Oughta Be Illegal | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Professor Charles Kesler ponders Obama’s – and liberalism’s – fate at the Heritage Foundation | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- U.S. income gap between rich, poor hits new high | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)