On the 11th anniversary of 9/11, former Florida Gov. Bob Graham said U.S. authorities should reopen an inquiry into who assisted the hijackers while they were in the United States.
Graham, a U.S. senator at the time of the attacks, co-chaired the Congressional Joint Inquiry into them. He told an audience Tuesday night that it was a matter of national security and justice for federal officials to disclose who supported and financed the 9/11 attacks — including a possible “external support system” of people across Florida.
“I think it’s very important that this information about Sarasota and Delray Beach and other places where the hijackers would have benefited from a support network be made available,” Graham said.
The event, titled “Unanswered Questions of 9/11: A Conversation With Bob Graham,” was presented at the Museum of Art Fort Lauderdale by Broward Bulldog, an independent nonprofit online newspaper, and Boardroom Communications Inc., a marketing and public relations firm.
Graham said President Barack Obama should help safeguard the country by ordering the declassification of federal documents pertaining to who supported the 9/11 terrorists. Graham said if such a terrorism network exists today, it could be used for more attacks.
“What leads us to believe that that network has evaporated, been dismissed or rolled up?” Graham asked. “I have no reason to believe that that’s occurred.”
Graham said learning the extent of support received by the terrorists also is a matter of justice. “There are 6,000 Americans who are either survivors of the attack — one of those ladies is in our audience — or they are members of the family of the victims,” he said.
Nearly 3,000 people died on 9/11 at New York’s World Trade Center, the Pentagon and a field in western Pennsylvania. Graham said an important 9/11 development that has been revealed was how a Saudi family, then living in Sarasota, allegedly supported the hijackers.
During the past year, Broward Bulldog has been reporting about how Congress and the 9/11 Commission were left unaware of an FBI inquiry that scrutinized ties between the 9/11 hijackers and the Saudi family in Sarasota, who reportedly left the country just before the attacks.
Broward Bulldog last week filed a lawsuit demanding the release of FBI records that allegedly link the Sarasota family to the terrorists. The FBI has replied it found no credible evidence connecting the family and the 9/11 hijackers, according to Broward Bulldog editor Dan Christensen. But the FBI has rebuffed specific requests by several newspapers to provide details in support of its assertion, Christensen said.
The lawsuit, which names the FBI and U.S. Department of Justice as defendants, is pending in federal court in Fort Lauderdale.
Several people who attended Graham’s seminar said they thought Graham was well-versed about 9/11. “I came to listen to his experience, because I know he’s sincere,” said Howard Millhauser, 62, a Pinecrest man who works in Fort Lauderdale.
- Bob Graham: Reopen inquiry into 9/11 attacks (browardnetonline.com)
- Sen. Lindsay Graham- Fire This Treasonous Clown In 2014! | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- BrowardBulldog hosts 9/11 conversation with former Senator Bob Graham on September 11 (browardnetonline.com)
- Florida’s September 11 Connection: Bob Graham to Talk at Journalism Fundraiser Tonight (blogs.browardpalmbeach.com)
- Mysterious “Wife” Of 9/11 Hijacker Visited Broward County Courthouse As Terrorists Struck (browardnetonline.com)
- Q & A with: Former U.S. Sen. Bob Graham on 9/11 (apps.lobbytools.com)
- Federal Reserve accused of setting U.S. up for ‘crash’ | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Bob Graham recalls 9/11; accuses administration of covering up Saudi involvement (tampabay.com)
- Government Officials Say 9/11 Was State-Sponsored Terrorism … But Disagree About WHICH Nation Was Behind Attacks (washingtonsblog.com)
- Bob Graham remembers 9/11 investigation, accuses (current and past) administrations of covering up Saudi involvement (miamiherald.typepad.com)