President Barack Obama‘s support among American Jewish voters in Florida has declined seven percentage points since 2008, when he won the state and the presidential election.
American Jewish Committee survey released Thursday found that 69 percent of Florida’s Jewish population say they will support Obama, 25 percent said they would vote for Republican nominee Mitt Romney.
In 2008, Obama won 76 percent of Florida’s Jewish vote.
“In a key state, to which both parties are devoting a great deal of time and attention, and where recent history is a reminder that the margin of victory can be razor-thin, the Jewish vote takes on added importance, said AJC Executive Director David Harris in a statement. “This survey, the first of three on the Jewish political outlook in the build-up to November 6, will doubtless be of interest to all those following this year’s election.”
The Jewish vote represents four percent of the Florida electorate.
Matt Brooks, Republican Jewish Coalition leader, told The Times of Israel that the results of AJC’s poll are indicative of what his group has been saying, “that Barack Obama continues to have trouble with Jewish voters, and we continue to see significant erosion of Jewish support for the president.”
National Jewish Democratic Council president David Harris countered, however that to compare the survey to the 2008 exit polls is “comparing apples and oranges.”
- Sen. Lindsay Graham- Fire This Treasonous Clown In 2014! | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Presidents don’t run the economy | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Orrin Hatch: Sebelius’ pro-Obama speech an ‘egregious violation’ of federal law | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Obama wins right to indefinitely detain Americans under NDAA | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- New rules make it easier for ATF to seize guns without due process | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Florida: Jewish support for Obama down 7% from 2008 (riehlworldview.com)
- AJC poll of Florida Jewish Registered Voters: Obama 69, Romney 25 (gestetnerupdates.com)
- Business is Booming for Smith & Wesson | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- CIA sued over drone killings | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Republican Jewish Coalition begins $5 million TV ad buy (timesofisrael.com)