Apple granted patent to disable iPhone recordings near government buildings or political events
You might think that the remote vehicle “start” capabilities offered through some car companies, like OnStar via General Motors, for example, is a “cool” thing to have. If so, realize this: A company that can remotely start your vehicle and unlock your door can also remotely shut you out of it or shut it down completely, especially if forced to do so by authorities (who may or may not have a court order to do so). That kind of technology works both ways, so to speak.
That’s an important thing to consider, given the fact that Apple, Inc., was recently granted a patent enabling the company to wirelessly disable the camera function on specific iPhones in certain locations, “sparking fears that such techniques could be used to prevent citizens from communicating with each other or taking video during protests or events such as political conventions and gatherings,” PrisonPlanet.com reported.
In this electronic day and age, just about all of us are aware that cellphone-generated video is easy to take and easy to upload to an audience of millions within moments. Most of us have seen the cellphone video of a fight or a confrontation or another impactful incident involving civilians and authorities. It’s a powerful medium that very often offers a point of view not available to the mainstream media – but carried by them, nonetheless.
That may all be about to change.
- Apple bans drone-awareness iPhone app | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- How Could The US Embassy In BENGHAZI Be Attacked When It’s Not Even Listed? Explain This! | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Anonymous And FBI Fight On Twitter Over Allegedly Hacked Apple UDIDs | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Royal Debauchery: Kate Middleton Caught Topless In Pics (WARNING: NUDITY) | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Mexican arrested over US agent ‘Fast and Furious’ murder | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Central figure in election-rigging scandal goes missing as FBI probes Republican Rep. | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- FDNY Firefighter Meets Man Who Saved His Life on 9/11 | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Debbie McCord-Skousen: Romney Family Ties To Communist Former Soviets | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Death Of US Ambassador To Be Used As War Propaganda As Elections Near | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Paul says his backers will ‘become the GOP tent’ | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)