Let the human-hunting games begin. Boston Dynamics has a new video of its oversized beast pursuing defenseless human meatsacks through a forest.
The Legged Squad Support System (LS3), aka AlphaDog, is designed to carry 400 pounds of payload and travel 20 miles without refueling. It’s funded by DARPA and the U.S. Marine Corps and is meant to support troops in rugged terrain.
The latest video shows the cow-size monster clambering over rocks and up steep hillsides with heavy weights on its sides. It charges through bushes without a thought.
Then it plays a game of “follow the leader,” slowly pursuing a human guide through fields and along country roads. At one point, it breaks into a canter. Yikes.
- Run! DARPA’s LS3-Made Mule-Drone Follows You Around (libertycrier.com)
- US Pentagon unveils DARPA-made mule-drone (gonzoj.wordpress.com)
- Pentagon unveils DARPA-made mule-drone (VIDEO) (EndtheLie.com)
- Latest AlphaDog Robot Prototypes Get Less Noisy, More Brainy (spectrum.ieee.org)
- 2012/09/10 DARPA’s Four-Legged Robots Walk Out For Capabilities Demonstration (darpa.mil)
- Boston Dynamics Demonstrates LS3 Four Legged Robot (laughingsquid.com)
- Scary DARPA Robot Mule / 1 min video (talesfromthelou.wordpress.com)
- DARPA “Emergency Response” Robot Runs Faster Than Usain Bolt | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Pentagon unveils DARPA-made mule-drone (VIDEO) (rt.com)
- DARPA’s BigDog ground drone (lgbtgamer.com)