THE JEENYUS CORNER
The US administration is now facing a crisis in Libya. Sensitive documents have gone missing from the consulate in Benghazi and the supposedly secret location of the “safe house” in the city, where the staff had retreated, came under sustained mortar attack. Other such refuges across the country are no longer deemed “safe”.
Some of the missing papers from the consulate are said to list names of Libyans who are working with Americans, putting them potentially at risk from extremist groups, while some of the other documents are said to relate to oil contracts.
According to senior diplomatic sources, the US State Department had credible information 48 hours before mobs charged the consulate in Benghazi, and the embassy in Cairo, that American missions may be targeted, but no warnings were given for diplomats to go on high alert and “lockdown”, under which movement is severely restricted.
According to security sources the consulate had been given a “health check” in preparation for any violence connected to the 9/11 anniversary. In the event, the perimeter was breached within 15 minutes of an angry crowd starting to attack it at around 10pm on Tuesday night. There was, according to witnesses, little defence put up by the 30 or more local guards meant to protect the staff. Ali Fetori, a 59-year-old accountant who lives near by, said: “The security people just all ran away and the people in charge were the young men with guns and bombs.”
- Report: State Dept. Was Warned of Benghazi Attack 48 Hours In Advance And Did Nothing: Sensitive Documents Noting Libyan Agents Stolen From Safe House (minx.cc)
- Breaking: U.S. Had 48 Hour Warning of Benghazi Attack, Did Nothing – Highly Sensitive Docs Missing (riehlworldview.com)
- America was warned of embassy attack but did nothing’ (blacklistednews.com)
- 48 Hour Advance Warning of Attack was Ignored (frontpagemag.com)
- Diplomatic sources: State Department had credible intel 48 hours before attacks that U.S. embassies might be targeted (hotair.com)
- The White House Denies Report That It Had A 48-Hour Advance Warning On The Libya Attack (businessinsider.com)
- Drudge Obama Knew (tarpon.wordpress.com)
- Bloody Hand Prints at Consulate Reveal Americans Were Dragged From Building Before Their Death (thegatewaypundit.com)
- Shock Report: Obama Administration Was Warned of Embassy Attack But Did Nothing (thegatewaypundit.com)
- U.S. State Department Had 48 Hours Notice That Attacks Were Coming (cryptogon.com)