A team of about 50 Marines has been dispatched to Libya after attacks Tuesday on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi left four Americans dead including the U.S. ambassador, military officials told Fox News.
Officials said a Marine “fast team” is being sent from the U.S. Naval base in Rota, Spain. They are not yet on the ground.
One official said the State Department has not yet decided whether to send the unit to Tripoli or Benghazi, and whether to use them. There have been requests, though, from the department for military planes to be used for possible evacuation of personnel and/or the wounded. Those requests are in the pipeline, but no final decision has been made as to how many planes to send.
- Islamists Drag Dead Body of Us Ambassador Through the Streets! (thegatewaypundit.com)
- Photos of attack on U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya (riehlworldview.com)
- U.S. ambassador to Libya killed after consulate in Benghazi stormed (warsclerotic.wordpress.com)
- Libyan Muslims Drag the Dead Body of US Ambassador Christopher Stevens from the US Consulate in Benghazi (sidewalkschalk.com)
- Muslims tortured, killed, dragged U.S. ambassador’s body through streets (fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com)
- US Ambassador, 3 Others Killed in Libya Attack (voanews.com)
- J. Christopher Stevens Murdered By Muslims In Egypt: Barack Obama And His “Arab Spring” To Blame (theconservativehillbilly.wordpress.com)
- Time To Consder A 2nd Constitutional Convention! | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- The 11th Anniversary of 9/11 | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- U.S. Ambassador to Libya killed, Romney and GOP play politics (dailykos.com)