China’s health authorities are investigating allegations that genetically modified rice has been tested on Chinese children as part of a research project.
A recent scientific publication suggested that researchers, backed by the US Department of Agriculture, fed experimental genetically engineered golden rice to 24 children in China aged between six and eight years old.
[...]Genetically manipulated Golden rice has been proposed as a solution to vitamin A deficiencyIt, & is made with a combination of genes and genetic material from viruses and bacteria, associated with diseases in plants, and from other non-food species.
- How China and US ‘secretly tested genetically modified golden rice on children’ (engineeringevil.com)
- Greenpeace demanding halt to field trials of ‘golden rice’ in 3 PH provinces (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- China investigates whether children used in GMO “golden rice” trial (thehimalayantimes.com)
- American university conducting experiments on Chinese children using genetically modified rice. (familysurvivalprotocol.com)
- Genetically modified Golden Rice prevents Vitamin A deficiency and Blindness (nextbigfuture.com)
- China-US project allegedly tested genetically modified ‘golden rice’ on kids (worldnews.nbcnews.com)
- The Golden Rice Controversy (chronicle.com)
- China investigates whether children used in GMO “golden rice” trial (oddonion.com)
- GM Rice Study Used Chinese Children as ‘Guinea Pigs’ (theepochtimes.com)
- Greenpeace co-founder Dr. Patrick Moore rips ‘Greenpeace’s Crime Against Humanity’ for opposing Golden Rice which can eliminate vitamin A deficiency (climatedepot.com)