September 9, 2012
Foreign Islamists intent on turning Syria into an autocratic theocracy have swollen the ranks of rebels fighting to topple President Bashar al-Assad and think they are waging a “holy war”, a French surgeon who treated fighters in Aleppo has said.
Jacques Beres, co-founder of medical charity Medecins Sans Frontieres, returned from Syria on Friday evening after spending two weeks working clandestinely in a hospital in the besieged northern Syrian city.
[...]“It’s really something strange to see. They are directly saying that they aren’t interested in Bashar al-Assad’s fall, but are thinking about how to take power afterwards and set up an Islamic state with sharia law to become part of the world Emirate,” the doctor said.
[...]Assad himself has consistently maintained that the 17-month-old insurgency against him is largely the work of people he refers to as “foreign-backed terrorists” and says his forces are acting to restore stability.
- Syrian troops storm Damascus refugee area, chase rebels | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- French Doctor Confirms Syrian Rebels Are Foreign Terrorists (investmentwatchblog.com)
- ‘Foreign Islamists seek to turn Syria into Sharia state’ (EndtheLie.com)
- Article Reveals Syrian ‘Revolt’ Orchestrated by U.S. and UK | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- ‘Foreign Islamists seek to turn Syria into Sharia state’ (rt.com)
- NATO Terrorists to Target Syria’s Civilian Airports | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Jihadists Striving for Autocratic Theocracy Make Up Syrian Rebels (news.antiwar.com)
- Syria criticizes France’s support of rebels (statesman.com)
- Iran would take action if US attacked Syria | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Syrian militants are radical Islamists- French doctor (english.ruvr.ru)