Award winning ICE agent says he was held down for complaining
Sept 5, 2012
The Department of Homeland Security will face yet another lawsuit alleging that an Immigration and Customs Enforcement agent was discriminated against and punished by superiors for filing previous complaints.
Indian-born Sikh Sunil Walia, who was awarded by for outstanding work in 2007, now says that he was intentionally reassigned and prevented from bettering his position within the government because he had successfully filed two previous discrimination complaints against Janet Napolitano and the DHS.
Walia was assigned to JFK airport to interview people entering the US that had been identified as ‘suspicious’ by the DHS. But in 2010, he says he was reassigned to an office in downtown Manhattan, to focus only on “administrative immigration matters.”
Seeking $2.5 million in damages for discrimination and retaliation, Walia alleges that the agency’s actions killed any chances he had of working a higher post with The Joint Terrorism Task force. DHS agents must complete at least two years in an assignment before being eligible for consideration for such posts.
Big Sis has faced a slew of discrimination lawsuits recently, most notably involving allegations of sexual harassment.
The charges culminated in the resignation this week of ICE Chief of Staff Suzanne Barr, who called the allegations “unfounded” but said she resigned to preserve the reputation of the agency.
- Yet Another DHS Worker Files Discrimination Lawsuit Against Big Sis (theintelhub.com)
- 9. Yet Another DHS Worker Files Discrimination Lawsuit Against Big Sis (12160.info)
- Yet Another DHS Worker Files Discrimination Lawsuit Against Big Sis (conservativeread.com)
- Wikileaks cable says Iraqi children shot in head during US raid | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Attorney Richard Gilbert’s Take On Nov. 6th | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Government Documents Prove Domestic Drones Are For Spying On Americans | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Imprisoned killer to get taxpayer-funded sex change surgery | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- The Former Marine Unlawfully Detained And Committed By Police Is Suing The Government | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- MIT Scientists Successfully Control Rats’ Dreams | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- FEMA Needs Another 1 Million MRE’s Today, Over 19 Million Ordered in Last Month | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)