Paul Craig Roberts
THE DAILY BELL
Does anyone remember when National Public Radio was an independent voice?
During the 1980s NPR was continually on the case of the Reagan administration. NPR certainly had a Democratic slant, and a lot of its reporting about the Reagan administration was one-sided. Yet, NPR was an independent voice, and it sometimes got things correct.
In the 21st century that voice has disappeared, which was the intention of the George W. Bush regime. Bush put a Republican woman in charge who made it clear to NPR producers and show hosts that the federal part of their funding was at risk.
Money often over-rules principle, and when corporations added their really big money NPR collapsed. Today the local stations still pretend to be funded by listeners, but if you have noticed, as I have, there are now a large number of corporate advertisements, disguised in the traditional terms “with support from . . .” If you are not listening to classical music, you are listening to corporate advertisements.
Today the entire “mainstream media” is closed to truth-tellers. The US media is Washington’s propaganda ministry. The US media has only one function–to lie for Washington.
What reminded me of NPR’s surrender was NPR’s August 31 report with its two regular talking voice political pundits discussing the Republican Convention and Romney’s speech. After witnessing the Republicans at their nominating convention at Tampa violate all their own rules and ride roughshod over the Ron Paul delegates, one expected some discussion of the Republican Party’s refusal to allow Ron Paul to be placed in nomination or his delegate account to be announced.
- Ron Paul Left Tampa Yesterday. TSA harassed the good Doc and family | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- The Republican Convention and the Ron Paul Revolution | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Ron Paul’s “Tribute” video which tells the American story, one that the RNC REJECTED | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Ron Paul on Jay Leno, Rules Out Third Party Run as Liberty Movement Hits The Tonight Show | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Paul Supporters Stage Another Walkout At The Convention | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Over 10,000 supporters brave Tropical Storm Isaac to see Ron Paul speak at USF | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Ron Paul’s Rally: The Event That Could Give Birth To A New Party | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- The Ron Paul Delegates Are Not Going Away Easy | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Ron Paul Skeptical On Romney’s Speech- “The GOP Is Not My Party” | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Rep. Amash Calls for Audit of RNC Over Treatment of Paul Delegates | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)