By Dave Gahary
AMERICAN FREE PRESS
“It’s not just a possibility, it’s a certainty and an inevitability that a Carrington Event will happen, it’s just a question of when.”
This past week, 153 years ago, the world was set on fire from the Sun. Though there are very few Americans who are aware of this, the historical record is clear: from August 28 until September 2, 1859, several sunspots and solar flares were observed on the sun by the astronomer Richard Carrington. The largest flare took only 17 hours to make it to Earth, which ordinarily takes three to four days. This great geomagnetic storm, known as the solar storm of 1859, the 1859 Solar Superstorm, or the Carrington Event, took the world by storm, no pun intended.
Aurorae were visible across the globe; over the Rocky Mountains it was so bright that gold miners began preparing breakfast at midnight because they thought it was morning and people in the U.S. northeast awake at that time could read a newspaper by its light. Telegraph systems all over Europe and North America failed. Telegraph poles sparked and telegraph paper caught fire. Several telegraphs continued sending and receiving messages although disconnected from their power source.
To get a better understanding of the possibility of such an event, or a man-made event producing the same results occurring, AMERICAN FREE PRESS conducted an exclusive interview with Dr. Peter Vincent Pry, the Executive Director of the Task Force on National and Homeland Security, a newly established task force established by Congress, whose purpose is to provide technical, operational policy advice, and legislative help to the Congress, to get the nation protected against such an event.
Dr. Pry’s curriculum vitæ is impressive. He holds two PhD.s (in International Relations and U.S. History) and a certificate in nuclear weapons design from the USAF Weapons Laboratory. A former 10-year intelligence officer with the Central Intelligence Agency, responsible for analyzing Soviet and Russian nuclear strategy and operational plans, he is the former director of the U.S. Nuclear Strategy Forum, served on the Commission to Assess the Threat to the United States from Electromagnetic Pulse (EMP) Attack (also commonly known as the EMP Commission), and was on the staff of the House Armed Services Committee.
- AFP PODCAST & ARTICLE: U.S. Totally Unprepared for Coming Solar Superstorm (americanfreepress.net)
- DOJ secretly halts FBI investigation into Israel nuclear spying/funding | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Hollow U.S. Props Up “Democracy” In Egypt Despite America’s Massive Debt | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Rand Paul Defends Doctor Being Held In Pakistan | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- The Courts Will Decide If Police Can Sample DNA Without A Warrant | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- The U.S. Heroin Cartel: Forget war ON drugs, Afghanistan is war FOR drugs | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Unemployment rates rose in 44 U.S. states in July | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Ron Paul: World will leave dollar unless we replace it with a gold backed one | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Two Constitutions in the United States. 1st was suspended in favor of a Vatican corporation in 1871. | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Afghanistan Not Ready: 37 U.S. Troops Killed by Afghan Forces | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)