September 1, 2012 – Syria has over 15 military airbases, including dedicated airbases located near Aleppo and Damascus. These airbases are generally surrounded by networks of military infrastructure including storage depots, barracks, motor pools, and defensive positions.
So much as even denting these facilities would require a standing enemy army, airpower, and armor – something the terrorists operating in Syria with NATO backing currently lack.
Even a successful, concentrated attack on a single airbase would make little difference tilting the balance of power in favor of NATO-backed foreign terrorists operating under the banner of the so-called “Free Syrian Army” (FSA).
- NATO Terrorists to Target Syria’s Civilian Airports (activistpost.com)
- NATO Terrorists to Target Syria’s Civilian Airports (landdestroyer.blogspot.com)
- NATO Terrorists to Target Syria’s Civilian Airports (EndtheLie.com)
- Syria’s Forces Clash With Rebels Near Airbases, Groups Say – Businessweek (businessweek.com)
- NATO Terrorists to Target Syria’s Civilian Airports (blacklistednews.com)
- In violation of international law, NATO-backed terrorists plan civilian airport raids ~ by Tony Cartalucci (toolwielder.wordpress.com)
- Syria rebels attack military airbases, claim to destroy jets – Haaretz (haaretz.com)