By Jason Easley
Mitt Romney’s convention speech was watched by 25 million Americans, which is 13 million fewer viewers than watched John McCain accept the Republican nomination in 2008.
Mitt Romney’s inability to captivate the nation resulted in a gain of only 5 million viewers from the second night to the third night of the Republican convention. The Romney campaign was counting on widespread viewership, outside of the GOP, but 39% of their audience came from Fox News. Fox was the top network with over 9 million viewers, followed by ABC (4.44 million), NBC (3.85 million), CBS (3.73 million), CNN (2.33 million), and MSNBC (1.88 million). In contrast, over 38 million Americans watched John McCain’s speech in 2008.
Every network lost viewers compared to 2008. According to TVNewser, “Fox News was just about flat compared to 2008, losing around -2% of its viewership, while NBC (-56%), ABC (-26%), CBS (-30%), CNN (-52%)and MSNBC (-25%) were down mid double digits.” These are the consequences of having a nominee who has no positive message of his own.
- Romney Bombs: Convention Speech Draws 13 Million Fewer Viewers than McCain in ’08 (politicususa.com)
- Romney Party Yacht Flies Cayman Islands Flag | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Paul says his backers will ‘become the GOP tent’ | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Paul supporters don’t accept Romney nomination quietly | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Romney the Businessman? | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Yahoo fires bureau chief for Romney/blacks remark | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- The Ron Paul Delegates Are Not Going Away Easy | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Fox News Wins RNC Thursday Coverage As Overall Viewrship Plunges 31% From 2008 (deadline.com)
- Republicans cancel Monday convention events | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Gingrich releases delegates to Romney | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)