Rep. Ron Paul (R-Tex.) wins (again) the most significant victory of his congressional career. He has taken his pet issue since the 1970s–the unwarranted power and secrecy of the Federal Reserve–from something pretty much no one but him cared about six years ago, through a bestselling book and mass movement by 2009, the second time he’s gotten the House of Representatives to vote to widen the government’s powers to audit the Fed’s activities.
Huffington Post with details about the vote , and on Paul’s Democratic ally equally upset with the Fed’s lack of transparency, Rep. Dennis Kucinich (D-Ohio):
In a rare moment of bipartisanship, the House overwhelmingly passed a bill by Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas) to audit the Federal Reserve.
The first ever GAO (Government Accountability Office) audit of the Federal Reserve was carried out in the past few months due to the Ron Paul, Alan Grayson Amendment to the Dodd-Frank bill, which passed last year. Jim DeMint, a Republican Senator, and Bernie Sanders, an independent Senator, led the charge for a Federal Reserve audit in the Senate, but watered down the original language of the house bill(HR1207), so that a complete audit would not be carried out.
- Audit of the Federal Reserve Reveals $16 Trillion in Secret Bailouts (sott.net)
- Will ‘Audit The Fed’ Impact The Price Of Gold? – We Know the Secrets of the Federal Reserve (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Romney Flips On Ron Paul’s Federal Reserve Audit | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Audit of the Federal Reserve Reveals $16 Trillion in Secret Bailouts (blacklistednews.com)
- Audit of the Federal Reserve Reveals $16 Trillion in Secret Bailouts (tipggita32.wordpress.com)
- $9,000,000,000,000 MISSING From The Federal Reserve – Audit the FED (dprogram.net)
- Clint Eastwood channeled Ron Paul (onthewilderside.com)
- Ron Paul’s Latest “Audit the Fed” Bill Passes the House, 327-98 (reason.com)
- Schock: It’s time to audit the Federal Reserve (illinoisreview.typepad.com)