(Anderson, South Carolina) The former Anderson police chief talked to the media for the first time since his firing, and he had some harsh words about his termination.
Former Chief Martin Brown was fired on Aug. 23.
Addressing reporters, Brown said, “My good name and my professional career has been tarnished by this internal investigation and termination and I am here today talking to you to protect my good name.”
City officials said they didn’t like the way he was managing the department. Brown said he was terminated because of what he calls internal personnel issues with the department.
My family has known Mr. Brown for years. His mother-in-law was our neighbor for many years. As long as I’ve known the Brown family, the have been honest and respectable people. My late father used to always speak of how committed Martin was to his job while he was with the FBI. When Mr. Brown was first hired as police chief, my father said that he would be “an honest and dedicated chief”.
-Marshall D. Culpepper-
Brown said, “I had a Judas in my camp.”
“A lot of people in the Anderson Police Department don’t want to be held accountable,” he said.
Brown had been the Anderson police chief since 2006.
- First Circuit Court of Appeals Rules that Citizens Can Videotape Police | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Fired police chief will talk to media (wyff4.com)
- Twitter defies court order to release personal information of Occupy protester | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Ron Paul Left Tampa Yesterday. TSA harassed the good Doc and family | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- The News: Can you use it, or does it use you? | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Los Angeles police beat a boy for skateboarding on the wrong side of the street | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)