By Robin Koerner
THE HUFFINGTON POST
In all fields of human endeavor, winning by cheating is losing.
In a competition, when someone cheats, he gets disqualified. The disqualification does not make the runner-up the winner. Rather, it reveals that the man who appeared to be the runner-up had in fact been the winner all along.
In the race for the GOP nomination for president, therefore, Ron Paul won.
As the New York Times wrote yesterday,
Delegates from Nevada tried to nominate Mr. Paul from the floor, submitting petitions from their own state as well as Minnesota, Maine, Iowa, Oregon, Alaska and the Virgin Islands. That should have done the trick: Rules require signatures from just five states. But the party changed the rules on the spot. Henceforth, delegates must gather petitions from eight states.
When Mr. Romney and the RNC cheat so blatantly, they make the game no longer about politics: they make themselves ineligible for the vote of anyone who cares about his own morality, his own honesty or his own integrity — regardless of his politics. And from a purely practical standpoint, they invite Americans to ask if they want to live in a nation governed with the same contempt for those who don’t toe the party line as has been displayed both in Tampa and throughout the primary process.
But as a Ron Paul supporter, I can’t remember feeling so invigorated and empowered in my cause.
Not only did my candidate win: the GOP has given the Liberty movement the greatest gift it could have given us. It has induced a righteous indignation will ensure that there will be no lull in the Liberty movement post-convention or post-election. It has educated us; it has brought us together like only a common hurt can, and it has freed us to do whatever needs to be done for the cause we love, wherever we need to do it.
- Ron Paul’s Rally: The Event That Could Give Birth To A New Party | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Over 10,000 supporters brave Tropical Storm Isaac to see Ron Paul speak at USF | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Rep. Amash Calls for Audit of RNC Over Treatment of Paul Delegates | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- The Ron Paul Delegates Are Not Going Away Easy | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- GOP Destroys Integrity of National Convention, Flagrantly Cheats Ron Paul Out of Nomination | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Delegates don’t count Paul out | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Ryan plays down tension with Ron Paul backers- So dumb he can’t see the woods because of the trees in the way | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)