By Angie Davidson
THE UNCONVENTIONAL CONSERVATIVE
“It is not because men’s desires are strong that they act ill; it is because their consciences are weak.”
John Stuart Mill, On Liberty
I am so frustrated and angry with the blatant cheating that went on at the Republican National Convention in Tampa today. I am ashamed of my national party’s actions. I sat openmouthed, flabbergasted, appalled at the actions that they took to shut the liberty folks out.
Look…maybe Ron Paul had no chance to win. Romney had more delegates (though some of those were seated by deception and coercion.) That is not the point now. Do we, as Republicans, have so little respect for others that it is okay to cheat a 30 year Republican Congressman out of a legitimate nomination that he earned? By following the rules, no less?
Is it also okay that we completely ignore the will of the elected delegates who have achieved plurality and submitted nomination papers? Those papers were delivered to Preibus by Iowa’s Lieutenant Governor, Kim Reynolds, the Convention Secretary, over an hour before the call for nomination, the rolling roll call. She claims that it was her job to accept and deliver them, and that anything after that was the will of the Republican National Committee. Therefore, the will of the RNC was to cheat Ron Paul out of a legitimate nomination and to break their own rules.
Ron Paul needed a plurality of five states to have his name submitted for nomination. He received six. Those papers were submitted in a timely manner and ignored. The delegates from those six states followed the rules that required that plurality, only to be shot down by their own party out of spite.
Earlier, during the Resolution to adopt the rules, points of order were called and ignored. Delegates were outraged, and rightly so. The microphones on the floor were shut off and Romney supporters were instructed to chant to drown out any opposition.
- Ron Paul’s Rally: The Event That Could Give Birth To A New Party | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Over 10,000 supporters brave Tropical Storm Isaac to see Ron Paul speak at USF | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Paul supporters don’t accept Romney nomination quietly | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- The Ron Paul Delegates Are Not Going Away Easy | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Delegates don’t count Paul out | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- WASHINGTON: Paul delegates mounting floor fight over new rules | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Paul says his backers will ‘become the GOP tent’ | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Ryan plays down tension with Ron Paul backers- So dumb he can’t see the woods because of the trees in the way | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Letter To RNC Delegates from Morton Blackwell of VA | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- RNC attempts to make Ron Paul ineligible for Republican nomination | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)