By Matt McDonald
THE PORTLAND PRESS HERALD
Today my national delegation seat was stolen from me.
It wasn’t the Democrats who stole it, it wasn’t the Green Party who stole it, it wasn’t even the Liberals who stole it. It was stolen by the RNC because of the actions of Peter Cianchette.
(Peter Cianchette, for those who do not know is failed politician who is a VP in the Cianbro company).
Peter decided that he did not like the fair and democratic outcome of the Maine Republican Convention this past May and since then has been using his influence among the “establishment” member of the Republican Party both on the State level and on the National level to try to get the outcome overturned.
Today it happened.
Today the credential committee of the Republican National Convention voted against the fair and democratically elected national delegates and instead replaced them with group of delegates who were not elected by the Republicans of the State of Maine.
This action of Peter Cianchette could be the most divisive act in the modern history of the Maine Republican Party.
My prediction is that in the coming weeks there is going to be an exodus of members leaving the Maine Republican Party and in November there are going to be a number of Democratic Party wins where there should have been a Republican win.
So Democratic Party of Maine make sure you send Peter Cianchette a “thank you” card, and maybe some flowers and candy because he opened the door for you to get some wins this election season.
Thank you for reading….
P.S. I am still going to Tampa, I will be in the Convention with a guest pass so look for my next blog to be live from the 2012 Republican Convention.
- Does the GOP convention fiasco doom Charlie Webster as party chairman? (bangordailynews.com)
- Guest Blog: The Day The Republican Party Died | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Sign the Petition to get Ron Paul’s Maine Delegates seated at the GOP Convention (dailypaul.com)
- Letter from Former Maine State Director for Ron Paul Campaign (dailypaul.com)
- Republicans cancel Monday convention events | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Ben Swann Delegate Story Update 08/07/2012 (dailypaul.com)
- Paul Might Lose Maine Delegates (drudge.com)
- Ron Paul’s Rally: The Event That Could Give Birth To A New Party | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Pro-Ron Paul Delegates Challenged in Maine (economicpolicyjournal.com)
- Challenge Accepted: Ron Paul’s Legal Team Challenging LA, OR, and MA…and Turnabout in Maine (theunconventionalconservative.wordpress.com)