August 25, 2012
Following the failure of the United Nations to reach a consensus on the Arms Trade Treaty (ATT), the internationalist gun-grabbers are looking forward to Review Conference 2012 (RevCon 2012), to be held in New York beginning next week, on August 27.
Its agenda is spelled out on the Reaching Critical Will (RCW) website. RCW is described as a project of Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom, the oldest women’s peace organization in the world. It is headquartered at the United Nations and receives funding from the CIA’s Ford Foundation.
“RevCon 2012 re-visits the UN’s Programme of Action (PoA) to Prevent, Combat and Eradicate the Illicit Trade in Small Arms and Light Weapons in All Its Aspects, adopted in 2001,” Paul Gallant, Alan J. Chwick, Sherry Gallant and Joanne D. Eisen note for AmmoLand.com.
“While the PoA enumerates many lofty-sounding objectives, to those unfamiliar with the UN’s agenda, to date, with regard to civilian firearm ownership, this might sound like a template for the elimination of human rights abuses,” they continue. “But armed with knowledge of the UN’s past efforts to achieve civilian disarmament, and reading all the provisions contained in the Programme, it is difficult to come away with any impression other than the PoA was really nothing short of a template to accomplish that.”
Like ATT, proponents of the PoA agenda claim their proposals are not intended to deny Americans ownership and use of firearms. However, as AmmoLand.com points out, many members of the organization are also members of anti-gun groups that propose various schemes designed to whittle away the Second Amendment.
The National Association for Gun Rights provides a list of goals the PoA will strive for:
– Enact tougher licensing requirements, making law-abiding Americans cut through even more bureaucratic red tape just to own a firearm legally.
– Confiscate and destroy all “unauthorized” civilian firearms (all firearms owned by the government are excluded, of course).
– Ban the trade, sale and private ownership of all semi-automatic weapons.
– Create an international gun registry, setting the stage for full-scale gun confiscation.
Second Amendment groups warn that if Obama wins in November, he will more aggressively and openly pursue an anti-gun agenda. The backdrop for the effort will be a number of shootings this summer, most recently in New York City (the fact all of the victims with the exception of the shooter’s target were shot by cops will of course be ignored).
Voters, however, should not be fooled into thinking Mitt Romney is a pro-Second Amendment candidate. When he was the governor of Massachusetts, he signed a ban on assault weapons and raised the state’s gun-licensing fee from twenty-five to a hundred dollars.
“In their time in office, I would say with a pretty strong degree of certainty that Romney did more” than Obama to chip away gun rights, Dan Gross, the president of the Brady Campaign, told Alex Koppelman of the New Yorker last month.
The globalist goal is the eventual elimination of firearms. The PoA shindig in New York next week reveals that the underhanded effort to rob Americans of their natural rights has not subsided and will continue despite temporary victories.
- United Nations Sponsors Another Gun-grabber Conference in New York (theintelhub.com)
- Empire State Building Shooting: More Fodder for Gun-grabbers (dprogram.net)
- Empire State Building Shooting: More Fodder for Gun-grabbers (conservativeread.com)
- MILLER: Dispelling bullet myths Ammunition bans are a sneaky attempt to deny self-defense options (tarpon.wordpress.com)
- Empire State Building Shooting: More Fodder for Gun-Grabbers (musicians4freedom.com)