August 25, 2012
Talk about the shoe being on the other foot. Syria claims it can destroy Israel’s nukes – which Israel has not officially acknowledged – with a handful of missiles.
“Syria is capable of destroying Israel’s nuclear facilities with 20 missiles, Syria’s ambassador to Jordan, Bahjat Suleiman, told a visiting delegation on Wednesday, pro-Assad news sources reported,” according to the Times of Israel.
“Syria has acquired surface-to-surface missiles from Russia and North Korea which cover most of the territory of Israel. In September 2007, the Israeli Air Force reportedly destroyed a nuclear reactor Syria was developing with the assistance of North Korea, although Israel never officially claimed responsibility for the strike.”
It appears, however, that the Syrian reactor was not in fact a reactor, or was at best an uncompleted reactor. Nuclear and building materials used in reactors were not discovered on the site following the Israeli attack. Moreover, most of the information on the reactor and the alleged involvement of North Korea was provided by the CIA and Mossad and thus highly suspect. The Mossad’s motto is said to be: “By way of deception, thou shalt do war.”
The Iranians need to follow Syria’s example and directly target Israel’s nuclear arsenal. Syria and Iran also need to start talking about Israel’s so-called “Samson Option,” the strategy of nuking Israel’s neighbors if they respond to provocation with a conventional military attack.
Israel has also used the program to blackmail the world into sending billions of dollars to prop it up. “If left to its own Israel will have no choice but to fall back on a riskier defense which will endanger itself and the world at large,” Amos Rubin, an economic adviser to former Prime Minister Yitzhak Shamir, has said. “To enable Israel to abstain from dependence on nuclear arms calls for $2 to 3 billion per year in U.S. aid.”
The U.S. has sent billions to Israel and it still has a nuclear arsenal, larger than Pakistan and India combined.
- Syrian: ’20 Missiles Can Take Out Israel’s Nuclear Sites’ (raptureimminent.wordpress.com)
- Attacking Iran now perilously premature, former head of Israel’s atomic agency warns (timesofisrael.com)
- Syria can destroy Israeli nuclear facilities ‘with 20 missiles,’ boasts ambassador to Jordan (timesofisrael.com)
- Syrian Envoy: Syria Capable of Destroying Israeli Nuclear Sites With 20 Missiles (theuglytruth.wordpress.com)
- Syrian Envoy: Syria Capable of Destroying Israeli Nuclear Sites With 20 Missiles (news.antiwar.com)
- 12 Questions and Answers about Israel and Iran in 2012 (amirmizroch.com)