Amid his battle with the Justice Department and his investigation of Obama’s eligibility, Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio has been asked to address a large audience of delegates to the Republican National Convention in Tampa.
The invitation-only reception for delegates from Western states will be held Aug. 30 at the Lowry Park Zoo in Tampa. Elephants, appropriately, are expected to be at the GOP event.
“Sheriff Joe is a good friend and a great Republican,” said Tom Morrissey, chairman of the Arizona Republican Party.
Noting Arpaio is a former member of the Electoral College representing Arizona, Morrissey said the sheriff is “wildly popular, not just in Maricopa County, but throughout the state and the country.”
“He’s done a lot for the Republican Party already, and we’re overjoyed that as always he is willing to join us as we visit some of our ‘fellow elephants’ while in Tampa,” the GOP leader said.
- Sheriff Joe now headed for Tampa (conservativeread.com)
- GOP delegates in Tampa invite Sheriff Joe to speak (wnd.com)
- Tampa Authorities Empty Jail In Anticipation Of Mass Arrests At GOP Convention | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Gingrich releases delegates to Romney | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Police State Preparation For RNC Convention in Tampa, Florida | THE JEENYUS CORNER | (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Romney adviser suggests Bernanke should stay | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Mitt Romney: “I was too important to go to Vietnam” | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)