BY: MICHAEL MCGUIRE
Former Republican presidential Newt Gingrich on Tuesday released his delegates to Mitt Romney.
“With the Republican National Convention beginning in Tampa within the next few days, it is time now for all Republicans to come together in common purpose to defeat President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden,” Gingrich wrote in a letter to delegates reproduced on his website. “Everyone must do their part and Callista and I are committed to doing everything that we can.
“Toward that end, I hereby release all delegates bound or pledged to me under any and all state laws or party rules. At the same time, I call upon them and all Americans committed to a safer and more prosperous American future to join Callista and me in strongly supporting the Romney-Ryan ticket. Together, we can and will defeat Barack Obama in November.”
Copies of the letter were sent to Romney, U.S. Rep. Paul Ryan, Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus, the state Republican parties and state delegation chairs.
- Laura Trice: Why the GOP Is Scared of Ron Paul and 4 Reasons He Might Still Get the 2012 Republican Nomination | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Gingrich releases his delegates, urges support for Romney (tampabay.com)
- Romney Flips On Ron Paul’s Federal Reserve Audit | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- RNC chair welcomes Rep. Paul and his supporters at GOP convention | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Newt Gingrich: ‘I hereby release all delegates bound or pledged to me,’ urges support for Romney – @newtgingrich (newt.org)