August 13, 2012
House Republicans on Monday asked the federal courts to intervene and force the Obama administration to turn over documents from the botched Fast and Furious gun-walking operation, escalating what had been a simmering constitutional crisis.
House Speaker John A. Boehner said President Obama and his team were ignoring a congressional subpoena — something the courts have long recognized as valid — and said lawmakers were left with no choice but to ask the third branch to referee.
“By stonewalling Congress and ignoring a contempt order, the Justice Department has left the House no choice but to take legal action so we can get to the bottom of the Fast and Furious operation that cost border agent Brian Terry his life,” Mr. Boehner said.
- GOP sues to force Obama compliance on Fast and Furious (washingtontimes.com)
- House sues Obama admin for Fast & Furious documents (fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com)
- Politics & NWO – Re: House Sues Attorney General for Fast & Furious (disclose.tv)
- Obama Runs Guns To Mexico – Tries To Blame Actual Americans (stevengoddard.wordpress.com)
- GOP sues to force Obama, Holder compliance on Fast and Furious (newsworldwide.wordpress.com)