August 13, 2012
About 22,500 of the 25,000 signatures necessary for a response from the Administration were obtained when the White House unexpectedly cut short the time period for the petition.
The site also went down for “maintenance” following an article in Wired that sought support for the campaign.
- White House Pulls Down TSA Petition (politics.slashdot.org)
- White House TSA petition goes dark as it nears the finish line, disappears when the lights come back on (boingboing.net)
- White House Pulls Down TSA Petition (epic.org)
- White House Pulls Down TSA Petition (mountainrepublic.net)
- White House Pulls Down TSA Petition (conservativeread.com)
- White House removes petition with over 22,000 signatures calling for the TSA to follow the law (conservativeread.com)