(AP) OLYMPIA – Authorities are bringing in a bomb squad to examine a suspicious package at Washington’s Capitol building.
The Washington State Patrol evacuated the complex around 10 a.m. on Monday because of an unclaimed package. Lt. James Riley says a bomb squad is on the way to the site to examine the package.
Lawmakers are not in session at the Capitol, but staff members for the governor’s office and other state agencies work at the complex.
- APD bomb squad: Packages were not threats (KOB.com)
- Bomb Squad Investigating Suspicious Package at Airport (arlnow.com)
- “Suspicious Package” Cleared by Bomb Squad (wbng.com)
- Little Rock Bomb Squad Robots Save Lives (arkansasmatters.com)
- Two injury incidents since ’03 at Puyallup Fair – South Sound – The Olympian – Olympia, Washington (showpeople.typepad.com)