By Alexis Levinson
THE DAILY CALLER
Rep. Paul Ryan will be the vice presidential nominee of the Republican Party, a well-placed GOP source confirmed to The Daily Caller.
Republican candidate Mitt Romney is scheduled to make the announcement Saturday at 9 a.m. at the Nauticus Museum near the USS Wisconsin in Norfolk, Va., the campaign disclosed Friday evening.
The event in Virginia, a swing state that President Barack Obama carried in 2008, will kick off a four-state bus tour.
Romney has three events with his running mate, including the Norfolk event, on his Saturday schedule. He plans to stop by a small business in Ashland, Va., before leading a 1 p.m. rally there. Then it’s on to Manassas, Va., for a 4 p.m. rally. Romney is scheduled to hold three events Sunday in North Carolina.
Ryan has reportedly been on vacation in Colorado this week.
The congressman from Wisconsin and chairman of the House Budget Committee, is a bold choice for Romney.
Ryan made a name for himself when he authored the House Republican budget plan that, among other things, made significant cuts to entitlement programs including Medicare and Social Security, as a way to deal with the soaring national debt.
- Romney “picks” Paul Ryan for VP in a DELUSIONAL fit to pretend like he has the GOP nomination. (jeenyuscorner.com)
- AP Source: Romney Picks Ryan for Running Mate (usnews.com)
- Romney has picked Paul Ryan as running mate, Republican source tells the AP (foxnews.com)
- UPDATE: NBC News: 3 Sources Indicate Romney Will Pick Ryan (nbc15.com)
- The Paul Ryan Wikipedia edits begin (politico.com)
- AP source: Romney picks Ryan for running mate (cnsnews.com)