By Joseph Beck
Throughout the Republican primaries, the Mitt Romney campaign did a fairly decent job at keeping Romney above the fray. He made the occassional $10,000 bet on national television and agreed with Obama’s signing of the NDAA, but for the most part, he remained low key. It was his front-runner position to lose after all, right? Instead of critiquing the assumed front-runner, the mainstream media hyped up the ”anti-Mitt” candidate. Newt Gingirch, Rick Perry, and Rick Santorum — who claimed “Romney was the worst Republican in the country to put up against Barack Obama,”then later endorsed Romney — were all considered top contenders. Now that the spotlight is focused on the presumptive nominee, his flaws are all too apparent. Is Romney really the best choice for conservatives?
The most recent gaffe by the Romney campaign involved spokeswoman Andrea Saul, who made the mistake of a lifetime by touting Romneycare in response to the recent controversial attack ad from a pro-Obama super PAC. “Conservatives” are freaking out. Both Rush Limbaugh and Ann Coulter have condemned Saul’s impromptu response, even demanding the Romney campaign fire Saul. This just adds to Romney’s troubles. His 40% favorability mark for presumptive presidential nominees is the worst since 1948. Even the conservative group “Jews and Christians Together” released a memo advising delegates to abstain from voting for Romney on the crucial first ballot. Time is running short, and momentum is not in his favor. In order to defeat President Obama this November, the GOP must nominate the consistent conservative Ron Paul instead of the Goldman Sachs warmonger Mitt Romney.
- Conservative Group Launches “Dump Romney” Campaign (buzzfeed.com)
- Obama May Be In BIG TROUBLE come November… (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Obama widens his lead, 3 new polls indicate (firstread.nbcnews.com)
- First Thoughts: It’s not an even race – Obama’s ahead (firstread.nbcnews.com)
- Ryan’s prospects as VP pick widely debated (jsonline.com)
- A Conservative Bid for Paul Ryan to Be Mitt Romney’s Running Mate (nytimes.com)
- CNN Poll: Obama holds 7-point lead over Romney (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- Ron Paul Supporters Essential To Mitt Romney Candidacy, Fox News Guest Says [VIDEO] (ibtimes.com)
- Ron Paul supporters photobomb Mitt Romney’s visit to Poland (investmentwatchblog.com)
- Dump Romney; Nominate Paul (americanfreepress.net)