August 7, 2012
Jon Lovitz spent much of George W. Bush’s presidency doing what nearly all of his peers did – making fun of the Commander in Chief.
And no one said a peep.
When the “Saturday Night Live” alum chided President Barack Obama for saying the rich don’t pay their fair share earlier this year, he ended up letting a security escort walk him to his car.
Lovitz tells Big Hollywood that his now infamous podcast rant against Obama’s class warfare rhetoric led to death threats left on the voice mail of his Universal City-based comedy club.
“I know where you eat,” one message warned.
- Jon Lovitz: Obama rant drew death threats (wnd.com)
- Jon Lovitz addresses backlash from Left: ‘Twitchy gets the humor’ (twitchy.com)
- Hey Jon, don’t tell ‘em you come from Jewish stock, the Left will really, really despise you.. (oforchristsakes.wordpress.com)
- Jon Lovitz has second thoughts about calling himself ‘liberal’ (twitchy.com)
- Saturday Night Live censorship (EndtheLie.com)
- Ellen Barkin: ‘I love everybody, except u right wing fuckin morons,’ tells Lovitz ‘shut the fuck up’; Lovitz responds (twitchy.com)
- Jon Lovitz: You Know, I’m Beginning To Suspect That The Self-Styled Agents of Tolerance on the Left May Not In Fact Be Very Tolerant At All (minx.cc)
- SAYING GOODBYE TO RUSS CARNAHAN, while welcoming aboard Jon Lovitz…. (pjmedia.com)
- Jon Lovitz to Obama about his Nobel Prize: ‘You didn’t earn that’ (popwatch.ew.com)
- Saturday Night Live censorship – stars complain about lack of Obama jokes (rt.com)