Kenneth T. Walsh
July 30, 2012
The infighting is getting worse between supporters of presidential candidate Ron Paul and some state leaders of the Republican Party as the GOP national convention approaches.
The latest developments include the decision by establishment Republicans in Maine to challenge the roster of Paul delegates from that state. The Republicans filed a challenge last weekend with the Republican National Committee, arguing that Paul forces used unauthorized procedures and broke party rules at the state convention when they captured more delegates than presumptive nominee Mitt Romney.
Paul forces are also embroiled in a fight with establishment Republicans over who is entitled to the most delegates from Louisiana and Massachusetts. Paul lost badly in the Louisiana state primary but his supporters dominated the subsequent GOP district and state conventions; they argue that they should have the most delegates to the national convention. The Paul forces have challenged party leaders from Louisiana who are disputing their delegate count.
TRUE Ron Paul supporters are NOT bickering with the Republican Party…
They’re BECOMING the Republican Party! If you aren’t in contact with your local GOP,
You should be doing MORE!
- Ron Paul: Romney campaign scared to let me speak at GOP convention (thehill.com)
- Ron Paul at the GOP Convention? (circuswagon.wordpress.com)
- The Ron Paul War Over Nebraska Delegates: Paul’s Last Stand with the GOP? (reason.com)
- Ron Paul’s last stand (firstread.msnbc.msn.com)
- Ron Paul’s Alamo: Last Stand Could Put Candidate on Ballot (newsy.com)
- The Ron Paul War Over Nebraska Delegates (libertycrier.com)
- Ron Paul fails to win enough delegates in Neb. to be nominated (thehill.com)
- RNC Confirms Ron Paul Will Be Up For Presidential Nomination In Tampa (alexanderhiggins.com)
- It’s D-Day for Ron Paul’s 2012 Insurgency (abcnews.go.com)
- Ron Paul Tells His Supporters “It’s Over” (outsidethebeltway.com)