July 30, 2012
It’s more than just stockpiling surveillance drones to spy on US citizens: the United States Army is attempting to procure an arsenal of riot gear in case the military must go toe-to-toe with civilians on US soil.
A solicitation for weapons posted on the official government website for federalbusiness opportunities reveals that the US Army has been in the market for nonlethal equipment that it very well might be used in the United States. In a Web posting made earlier this summer, the Army asked for bids regarding its request for riot shields, face masks, polycarbonate batons and body armor. On July 10, they awarded the contract to A2Z Supply Corp of Stevensville, Montana, who pledged to fulfill their request at the tune of $6,589.98.
The latest inquiry from the US Army was filed only a few weeks before another call for bids was published by the Department of Homeland Security. On July 26, the DHS Office of Procurement Operations also wrote on FBO.gov that they were soliciting contractors to help equip them with riot helmets, tactic gloves, shin guards, body armor and other equipment comparable that could be used in tandem with a complex “riot control system.” According to the 2001 Executive Order that established the DHS signed by then-President George W Bush, the agency “will coordinate the executive branch’s efforts to detect, prepare for, prevent, protect against, respond to and recover from terrorist attacks within the United States.” With an agency assigned only domestic duties asking for thousands of dollars’ worth of riot gear — and an army with more than one million soldiers seeking body army, not assault rifles — many are suggesting that the solicitation requests are readying the government for a full blown war with its own people on US soil.
- Federal Protective Service orders around 150 sets of riot gear to be delivered in 15 days (EndtheLie.com)
- Cops raid wrong apartment, force naked model out of bed in view of male officers (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Army Manual Outlines Plan To Kill Rioters, Demonstrators In America (jeenyuscorner.com)
- FedBizOpps: A Guide on How to Use the Website for Federal Business Opportunities (headexposed.com)
- Syrian opposition: US must arm rebels despite Islamists (reuters.com)
- James Harper, 31, Shot and Killed By Dallas Police Officer During Chase At Alleged South Dallas Drug House (blogs.dallasobserver.com)
- Military stands ready if needed at RNC, other conventions (tbo.com)
- Chicago Braces For NATO Riots (snspost.com)
- The 12th Street riot (aytacgok.wordpress.com)
- The Post-Aurora “Rampage” Few Have Heard About (informationliberation.com)