Federal agency expecting unrest at RNC & DNC
Paul Joseph Watson
Friday, July 27, 2012
The Department of Homeland Security has put out an urgent solicitation for hundreds of items of “riot gear,” in preparation for expected unrest at the upcoming Republican National Convention, Democratic National Convention and next year’s presidential inauguration.
The riot gear will be worn by Federal Protective Service agents who are tasked with protecting property, grounds and buildings owned by the federal government.The DHS solicitation issued on Wednesday gave potential suppliers just one day to submit their proposals, with the equipment to be delivered to Alexandria, VA within a 15-day period after the award is made.
Authorities in Tampa are expecting massive numbers of demonstrators to travel to the RNC next month, with “free speech zones” readied to prevent protesters from leaving designated areas.
Government Security News features a list of riot gear the DHS is looking to obtain.
- 147 riot helmets – which must have an “adjustable tactical face shield with liquid seal” and be able to fit the “3M Full Face Respirator FR-M40B masks.”
- 147 sets of upper body and shoulder protection – which will “effectively protect the torso and shoulders from blunt force trauma” and “safely absorb blows delivered from blunt objects…”
- 152 sets of thigh and groin protection – which “protects the thigh area and has an adjustable and removable groin protector.”
- 147 hard shell shin guards – which can provide “substantial protection from flying debris, non-ballistic weapons, and blows to the leg” and should have an “optimized protective design for severe riot control or tactical situations.”
- 156 forearm protectors – which should shield the “entire forearm from the wrist to the elbow” and weigh approximately six ounces.
- 147 pairs of tactical gloves – which should ensure that the “Kevlar on back of hands is flame/flash retardant as well as cut protective” and that they utilize a “rolled finger tip design for excellent trigger sensitivity and fit.”
This is by no means the only indication that the Department of Homeland Security is gearing up for civil unrest inside the United States.
Back in March, the DHS awarded defense contractor ATK a deal to provide the DHS with 450 million rounds of bullets over a five year period.
The DHS has also recently purchased a number of bullet-proof checkpoint booths that include ‘stop and go’ lights.
Earlier this year, the federal agency also hired hundreds of new security guards to protect government buildings
The Federal Protective Service has also been used by the DHS to track the political activities of peaceful advocacy groups.
- Federal Protective Service orders around 150 sets of riot gear to be delivered in 15 days (EndtheLie.com)
- Department of Homeland Catheters Spying on Occupy Wallstreet (opednews.com)
- Cops raid wrong apartment, force naked model out of bed in view of male officers (jeenyuscorner.com)
- DHS to Add Modular Carbines to Growing Arsenal (investmentwatchblog.com)
- LAPD Pulls Out Riot Gear At ArtWalk Over Chalk Drawings (crooksandliars.com)
- Near Riot Breaks Out After Officer-Involved Shooting In Anaheim (losangeles.cbslocal.com)
- Riot police, Occupy protesters clash in Los Angeles (usnews.msnbc.msn.com)
- James Harper, 31, Shot and Killed By Dallas Police Officer During Chase At Alleged South Dallas Drug House (blogs.dallasobserver.com)
- Police, Protesters Clash At End Of Anti-NATO Protest (chicago.cbslocal.com)
- Mayhem in Anaheim as protesters clash with police (investmentwatchblog.com)