By: Lou Calagiovanni
Caleche Ranae Manos, Former Miss Nevada 2007, was sleeping naked in her Santa Monica apartment with fiancée, Eric Ryder, when police mistakenly raided her home in full riot gear. They then forced Manos to get out of her bed, fully nude, in the view of over half a dozen male officers.
It seems that in the wee hours of November 15, 2011 the Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department was executing a search warrant in the building Manos lives in. Their warrant was good only for apartment “C”, but Manos lives in apartment “A.” Both doors are clearly marked with their respective letters.
Manos claims the officers entered her bedroom, guns drawn, and screamed at her to get out of bed. While still groggy and in shock, she pleaded that she was not wearing clothes. She claims the police told her they did not care, and forced her to expose herself.
What happened next is a matter of record. The police detained, searched, and interrogated the couple, at gunpoint, for what has been described by Manos’ lawyer, Matthew Geragos, as “a significant amount of time.”
Eventually the police realized they had entered the wrong apartment, but offered absolutely no apology for subjecting these two innocent people to this terrifying experience. In fact, one officer quipped, that she would “have a story to tell others at Thanksgiving.”
Manos does not find the situation amusing nor worthy of dinner table conversation.
She is actively suing the Sheriff’s department, as well as Los Angeles County. She is seeking damages for negligence, false imprisonment, and civil rights violations. It has been reported Manos also is suing for sexual harassment, and discrimination. The official language of her claim reads she “was harmed as she has suffered and continues to suffer emotional distress, humiliation, mental anguish, and embarrassment, as well as the manifestation of physical symptoms.”
- Negligence, false imprisonment, civil rights violations and sexual harassment. Former Miss Nevada Caleche Manos Sues Los AngelesPolice. (familysurvivalprotocol.com)
- Former Miss Nevada Suing Sheriff’s Deputies (jdjournal.com)
- Uniformed Sexual Predators – Former Miss Nevada Forced to Bare All for LA Cops (clarkcountycriminalcops.wordpress.com)
- Former Miss Nevada Claims Police Busted Into Her Apartment And Made Her Get Out Of Bed Naked (businessinsider.com)
- LA County Sheriffs kicked wrong door, “busted” former beauty queen naked (riehlworldview.com)
- Florida Man Shot Dead By Cops For Answering Door Armed (personalliberty.com)
- Golden Retriever Fatally Shot by Police during Drug Raid (thedailygolden.com)
- Traitor to the Constitution: Mayor Bloomberg Says Cops Should Go On Strike Until Americans Give Up Their Guns (sgtreport.com)
- Seattle SWAT raids home of Occupy activists (rt.com)
- This Morning, Police Raid a House in the Central District Looking for a Black Hoodie, a Pink Scarf, and “Paperwork – Anarchists” (slog.thestranger.com)