July 21, 2012
The comic-book community, a normally peaceful group with like-minded folks from creators to readers, is reeling today with the news of the movie-theater tragedy in Aurora, Colo.
But Batman isn’t to blame for the incident, says comic-book writer and novelist Brad Meltzer (Justice League of America), “and anyone who says that to me is a little bit insane.
“We can’t possibly say this could be more tragic, but I do think that there’s some twisted irony in the fact that it’s a movie of someone who so many people look up to and a movie that celebrates someone who can stop this kind of violence.”
- Offered: One Comic Book Industry (good condition) (newstatesman.com)
- ‘Dark Knight’ Finale Leaves Warner to Reboot New Batman – Bloomberg (bloomberg.com)
- Random Thoughts: On Where To Take Batman From Here (filmophilia.com)
- Batman-ish: What Comic-Book Movies Are Missing (theawl.com)
- Justice League to Appear in Next Batman: Arkham Video Game (comicvine.com)
- Comic Book Easter Eggs – The Sound Effects of Norman Osborn’s Mind! (goodcomics.comicbookresources.com)
- Wrestling stars part of Florida Supercon in Miami (miamiherald.com)
- 10 Best Movie Bats Who Are Not Batman (VIDEO) (news.moviefone.com)
- Mark Millar Claims Justice League Will Be Dark, “Real World” (comicbooked.com)
- Comic Book Legends Revealed #375 (goodcomics.comicbookresources.com)