Wall Street Journal
July 20, 2012
In the wake of last night’s shooting rampage in Colorado at a screening of “The Dark Knight Rises” that killed at least 12 people and injured 59 others, author Salman Rushdie tweeted this morning, “The ‘right to bear arms’ is the real Bane of America.”
Bane is the supervillain who faces off against Batman in “The Dark Knight Rises,” the latest installment of the Batman series of movies.
Throughout the day Rushdie has remained active on his Twitter account, revisiting his commentary on the 1999 Columbine school shootings, “After Columbine I was on Bill Maher’s old show arguing vs NRA’s Ted Nugent about gun control. Lots of Nugents on my timeline today.” and replying and retweeting roughly a dozen of his 340,302 followers comments.
- Dark Night: Mass Shooting at Batman Movie Premiere Kills 14, Injures 50 (cnsnews.com)
- The Dark Knight Rises (wetalkaboutmovies.com)
- Gunman kills 14 at premiere of Batman film in Denver mall (thetimes.co.uk)
- Film Reviews: Movie review: The Dark Knight Rises (12A) (dailyrecord.co.uk)
- “The Dark Knight Rises” Launches New Villian and Explosive Dangers (stlouis.cbslocal.com)
- The Dark Knight Rises Review – Who is John Blake? (zazenlife.com)
- Eff A Coldhearted Thug: 14 Dead And 50 Injured After Gunman Opens Fire In Aurora, Colorado On “Dark Knight Rises” Theatregoers (bossip.com)
- The Dark Knight Rises x LEGO Minifigures – Batman & Bane (freshnessmag.com)
- Review: The Dark Knight Rises – Redemptive end to a complex saga – Zee News (zeenews.india.com)
- Morgan Freeman Gives $1 Million to Obama Super PAC (thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com)