July 20, 2012
With all of the ink that’s been spilled in the last few months about Stand Your Ground, self-defense, Right to Carry, and legal gun owners across the United States, it’s hard to believe the national media simply missed an incredible armed citizen story from Utah.
Yet none of the three broadcast networks, none of the country’s biggest papers, none of the biggest syndicated columnists bothered to cover the mass stabbing that was thwarted by an armed citizen in Salt Lake City last month.
I doubt the networks were unaware of the story. After all, the network affiliates in Salt Lake City ran stories on the armed citizen, who ordered a knife-wielding maniac to the ground after the madman stabbed two people outside of a grocery store.
- Gun carrying man ends stabbing spree at Salt Lake grocery store – ABC4.com – Salt Lake City, Utah News (gds44.wordpress.com)
- Salt Lake City man’s confessional obituary gets a lot of attention (abc4.com)
- Pilots at Salt Lake City International now have their own TSA checkpoint (abc4.com)
- Graffiti problem growing in Salt Lake City (abc4.com)
- Guest of honor at Westercon 67 in Salt Lake City, July 2014 (craphound.com)
- Brothers suspected in San Jose homicide arrested in Salt Lake City (mercurynews.com)
- Man critically injured in downtown stabbing (fox13now.com)
- Stephen Covey, “7 Habits” author, dies at 79 (boston.com)
- Utah man uses obituary to confess indiscretions (sfgate.com)
- Trooper Helps Mom Deliver Twins on Side of Highway (fox4kc.com)