Mere hours after is was revealed that Ron Paul’s Audit the Fed bill, H.R. 459, will be voted on next Tuesday, July 24 and a little more than a month before the RNC is set to begin, Romney took notice..
Using Twitter Wednesday evening and witnessing a slightly odd turn in direction for the Mitt Romney campaign, Romney congratulated Ron Paul for his career-long dedication to shedding light on one of the largest problems Americans face financially, the FED.
Just as Romney stated in the tweet at 5:51 PM, “Ron Paul’s ‘Audit The Fed’ bill is a reminder of his tireless efforts to promote sound money and a more transparent Federal Reserve,” giving credence to the only man in the House to have dedicated a very large part of an entire political career to attaining a very important goal, auditing the FED.
Although Paul has always stated that he’d rather see the FED abolished completely, an audit is a big first step and sometimes the first step can be the most difficult step to take.
Due to the fact that Paul will not be seeking reelection after the end of this, his twelfth term in Congress, Wednesday was also likely the final opportunity for Paul to confront FED Chairman Ben Bernanke, as Financial Services Chair on Domestic Monetary Policy, in a 3 hour House hearing that allowed for Paul to take a few more jabs at the embattled Bernanke and the FED’s ailing policies.
In the hearing Paul dealt incredibly scathing remarks about the FED’s “secretive” dealings and even questioned whether or not Bernanke and the FED have been conspiring to purposely devalue the currency in order to transfer wealth from the poor and middle class to the 1%, via inflation.
Paul’s revealing remarks can be seen on C-SPAN’s coverage of the hearing, including congratulatory remarks by other members of the committee, at the 12:30 mark and again at the44:40 mark of the hearing.
- BREAKING: Romney tweets shout-out to Ron Paul’s Audit the Fed (investmentwatchblog.com)
- The GOP Is Seriously Considering Putting Ron Paul’s ‘Audit’ The Fed In The Party Platform (businessinsider.com)
- Look Who’s Tweeting about ‘Audit the Fed’ (economicpolicyjournal.com)
- Google blocks Ron Paul website (jeenyuscorner.com)
- HELL FREEZES OVER – Romney Tweets His Support For Ron Paul And ‘Audit The Fed’ (dailybail.com)
- Mitt Romney tries to morph into Ron Paul, “Audit the Fed” (forgets Paul supporters don’t like him) (freakoutnation.com)
- Romney Must Think The American People Are Morons : He Tweets his approval of Ron Paul’s “Audit The Fed” bill (familysurvivalprotocol.com)
- Rand Paul to Mitt Romney: Support Audit the Fed bill (libertycrier.com)
- Date Set for Audit the Fed Vote! (txwclp.org)
- House Committee Approves Ron Paul’s Audit The Fed Bill (jeenyuscorner.com)