BY: MASON BURAN
The Republican National Convention is quickly approaching (August 26th). For over the past year, avid Ron Paul supporters have won delegate spots in various state conventions across the country. Through this hard-work, Ron Paul will officially be allowed to be nominated for the nominee of the Republican Party.
For the past three days, Ben Swann (Fox19 Cincinnati) has been in contact with a Republican Rules Committee member. In order for a candidate to be elected for the Republican Party nomination, the candidate must have a plurality in five or more states. If by rule, binding and non-binding policies are applied to delegates, it would still not affect the process of voting for placement of a candidate’s name into the potential nominee ballot. Presidential hopeful Ron Paul does have a plurality in five or more states (Nevada, Maine, Minnesota, Louisiana, and Iowa). This means that Ron Paul will be eligible for nomination on August 26th in Tampa Bay.
The Ron Paul Revolution is planning on amassing 100,000+ supporters to Tampa in order to celebrate Paul’s 30+ year career in American politics. However, the Republican National Committee senses pressure from the Paul supporters. The RNC has attempted to block access in order to make the convention as exclusive as possible.
The Ron Paul Revolution carries on to Tampa Bay with assurance that Ron Paul has the potential to be nominated. Whether or not Paul does win the nomination, we are all in for something special this August.
Mason Rockwell Buran, founder of the political interest group “Real Change for Americans,” is a student who is motivated by the issues we face in modern politics. His articles will continuously challenge the status-quo and present ulterior inquiries. Contact Mason atMasonRBuran@gmail.com
- Ron Paul’s supporters make one last, ‘fruitless’ push – The Washington Post (jeenyuscorner.com)
- Ron Paul: Lost Nebraska, But Can He Still Speak in Tampa? Or Be Nominated for VP? (reason.com)
- Ben Swann – Facts: Clarification from the RNC rules committee, Ron Paul has 6 states (dailypaul.com)
- Ron Paul at the GOP Convention? (circuswagon.wordpress.com)
- Ron Paul on his Way to TAMPA! Plurality Achieved! Take the Podium! (dailypaul.com)
- Ron Paul’s Alamo: Last Stand Could Put Candidate on Ballot (newsy.com)
- Ron Paul, Nebraska and Our Stupid Media (libertycrier.com)
- Maddow: All Eyes on Nebraska (Ron Paul)! (libertycrier.com)
- Ron Paul comes up 1 state short of having his name nominated at the RNC (twitchy.com)
- Ben Swann – Facts: Clarification from the RNC rules committee, Ron Paul has 6 states (dailypaulradio.com)