We here at THE JEENYUS CORNER do not support the claims made in this article. We will gladly say “told ya so!” as soon as Dr. Ron Paul is nominated this August, at the Republican National Convention in Tampa, Florida.
-Marshall D. Culpepper-
Owner, Editor, and Administrator of
THE JEENYUS CORNER
By Karen Tumulty
GRAND ISLAND, Neb. — Though the battle for the Republican presidential nomination was over many weeks ago, as far as the rest of the world was concerned, supporters of Rep. Ron Paul (R-Tex.) put up one final push for their man here on Saturday — and came up short.
Paul’s forces had hoped to pull out a victory at the Nebraska
Ron Paul speaking at the University of California at Berkeley, Calif., in April , when he said he was done spending money on his campaign for the Republican presidential nomination. (Ben Margot – AP) Republican convention, because winning a majority of delegates here would have guaranteed their candidate a speaking slot at the GOP convention in Tampa late next month.
Under party rules, a candidate cannot have his name entered into nomination at the convention unless he has won a majority of delegates in at least five states. Paul had won four.
So charged up were his supporters that some had feared mayhem here, and the party at one point hired extra security for its gathering at a golf club. But the convention turned out to be an orderly affair. Paul himself had appealed to his supporters to play nice.
It was “a very cordial, congenial convention,” said state GOP Chairman Mark Fahleson.
And one that turned out to be an overwhelming victory for the presumptive nominee, former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney.
In the end, Paul won only two delegates, to Romney’s 32.
- It’s D-Day for Ron Paul’s 2012 Insurgency (abcnews.go.com)
- Today Is The Final Battle Of The Ron Paul Revolution – Here’s What His Fans Are Afraid Of (businessinsider.com)
- Ron Paul: Romney campaign scared to let me speak at GOP convention (thehill.com)
- Explainer: What the Ron Paul Campaign Needs to Stay Alive (wnyc.org)
- Ron Paul’s Alamo: Last Stand Could Put Candidate on Ballot (newsy.com)
- An Email from Ron Paul (economicpolicyjournal.com)
- MSNBC – Ron Paul Could Be Nominated At The Republican National Convention (libertycrier.com)
- It’s D-Day for Ron Paul’s 2012 Insurgency 7/14/2012 (tatoott1009.com)
- The Ron Paul War Over Nebraska Delegates: Paul’s Last Stand with the GOP? (reason.com)
- Security Heightened at GOP Convention in Anticipation of Ron Paul Insurgency (libertycrier.com)