July 13, 2012
The General Staff of Turkey’s Armed Forces on Friday backed down from its previous claimthat its fighter jet was downed last month by Syrian forces.
“The actual cause of the incident will be established after the plane wreckage is raised from the seabed,” the General Staff said in a statement.
“No traces of explosives or flammable products were found on the debris recovered from the sea.”
- Turkey says no traces of explosives on downed fighter (dailystar.com.lb)
- Turkey says it has found no traces of explosives on jet claimed to have been downed by Syria – @AFP (dawn.com)
- Syria: New Questions Over Turkish Fighter Jet Crash (eurasiareview.com)
- Syria: Turkey jet crash may have been accident (telegraph.co.uk)
- Turkey scrambles jets as Syrian choppers near border (cnn.com)
- Turkey scrambles fighter jets to border with Syria (independent.co.uk)
- Syria ‘holds military exercises’ (bbc.co.uk)
- Turkey locates pilots’ bodies from jet downed by Syria (warsclerotic.wordpress.com)
- Turkish jet downed by Syria a myth? (english.ruvr.ru)
- Turkey honours pilots downed by Syria (euronews.com)